Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Check-in

My absence was longer than intended. There's just been a lot going on and I needed a little break. I am doing a little better. I am trying to go with the mantra - Let it Go. I can't control certain things and dwelling on them only upsets me and causes me anxiety and feeling down.

I have been spending lots of time  too much time out walking. I have met another lady on my walks. We always seem to walk around the same time and usually 'bump' into one another. It's nice to chat with her (at a distance) and walk along somewhat together. Although the weather has been chilly the last couple of days Spring has been popping on the trees - I see leaves and blossom! Today we visited the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary so we could renew our membership. They have goslings!


Certainly made me smile. This one was quite brave. I stayed at a distance but it began to walk towards me. I was careful to back up as the parents were watching very carefully and I didn't want to scare any of them.

Talked with Mum today. She has decided that she might get up early one morning and go for a walk along some back roads. She has been completely inside for about eight plus weeks now and would really just like a walk. She isn't planning on going to the shops as my sister has been picking things up for her, but she would like some air. I can't say I blame her.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have some reading to catch up on!

7 comments:

  1. You mentioned earlier you aren't happy wearing masks and I bought one online that suits me perfectly. It is variously called a bandana or rave mask, is made of stretchy polyester, and you wear it around your neck, just pulling it up to cover your nose as needed. The mask is seamless, just a sleeve open at top and bottom. It is very convenient. I like it so much I ordered another one. You might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little gosling looks like it is smiling! Obviously very curious about the world around it! I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope your mum enjoys her walk. A little fresh air would be very welcome, I'm sure.

    Happy Mother's Day, tomorrow, Sharon. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to Terra for mentioning bandanas - what a useful idea for many things, not just as a sort of mask.
    I don't think 'too much time walking' is a thing really. It sounds great both for exercise, a bit of social contact (of the distancing variety) and for taking your mind off other things.

    I hope your mum enjoys her walk too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon. It's always nice to see a post from you. I hope you get everything sorted so that the stress and upset disappear. Stay safe and enjoy those walks. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice walk, always good for the spirits. Hope your Mum enjoys hers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a bit of a break too. Can't even come up with motivational Monday posts... The gossling is adorable. Cooped up too long...that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.