Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Picking out Glasses in the 'New' Normal

I am desperately in need of some new glasses. The ones I have are horribly scratched. It's a long story but they are really bad and I need them to drive. My prescription is still good. Last week the eyeglasses place (where I usually have my eyes tested too) reopened. They are only allowed to have so many people inside and you have to make an appointment even if you just want to purchase new glasses. I made an appointment, got there, a lady came out to let  me inside as the doors were locked. I had to wear my mask (our state says you must wear them in shops), have my temperature taken and clean my hands. Once inside I was seated at a desk. The lady then asked what kind of frames I was interested in. She went around and picked some out. I tried them on until I found one I liked. It felt a little strange. The new glasses aren't exactly like my old ones (pictured) and I don't love them, but I really needed new ones. I wonder if this will be how it is for every appointment?


7 comments:

  1. I need to replace my glasses but am putting it off for now. I broke my new ones so am wearing the previous scratched pair (same prescription). Fortunately the scratched isn't in the direct line of vision but am aware of it in my peripheral vision.

    At least you didn't need a sight test this time but the experience sounds stressful. I can't imagine how they will overcome the closeness experienced during an eye examination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my prescription was still good I thought I'd wait a while for another test lol. I've already worn - and broken - my old glasses otherwise I would have gone back to them. The lenses were good but the frames ended up breaking!

      Delete
  2. It probably will be how it is for most appointments for at least some time. I wonder how they disinfect the ones you tried on, but, didn't select, before they set them out for the next client to try them on. All I know is it will be a very long time before I go clothes shopping and try on any clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are certainly living in strange times with the 'new normal' used all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it will be, for a while to come. AT least they are doing their best to protect both staff and customers which can only be a good thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope not...I had to do the same at the dr...only, the person taking the temp and making you sign a waiver...I never saw sanitize between the patients....pushing them through the line...if you are going to make us do this, at least follow your own rules...right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I would like that experience, but I guess it is something we have to do if those are the rules we have to follow. I hope you will be happy with your new glasses :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.