Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Tuesday

Has anyone noticed that the mornings and evenings are getting darker? Seems like the days are getting a lot shorter more quickly. It's that time of year when the birds in the garden are going crazy. There are so many young ones around it is so very noisy outside - a nice noise, far more pleasant than the sound of traffic. The House Sparrows who had made a nest in the birdhouse are on their third set of babies. They have just fledged, adding to the numerous sparrows in the garden. 

I was pleased to see two hummingbirds visit the feeder yesterday. I was hoping to catch them today when I sat out while waiting for tea to cook, but it was not to be. I'm hoping I can sit out for a little while tomorrow and maybe they will visit. I want to take a few photos of them. 

I did not get anything extra done today. I did the regulars but that was about it. I had to end up going to the shops for something - not on the plan for today - so time was shorter. I should just have to go for a walk tomorrow and then come home, so I'm hoping I'll get more done tomorrow. There is some sorting and tidying to do before I leave on my holiday. 

Photo for today - one of the baby Sparrows likes to sit in the little container that has peanuts in it. This male Cardinal flew in and the baby looked a little confused. 



Back tomorrow - maybe with some house progress!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I've noticed, especially the evenings. I'm not drawing my curtains much earlier to shut out the encroaching gloom and it makes me feel quite autumny. The nights are also getting colder again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've noticed that the evenings are getting darker, earlier. Great photo of the baby sparrow and the cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cardinal is stunning. We don't have them here but our goldfinches are pretty colourful. The nights are definitely drawing in quickly and it'll soon be time to snuggle up by the fire with a good book and a warm drink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.