Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2023

I Packed my Bag and in it I Put...

Well, I am packed, so that's good. I probably have too much of one thing and not enough of the other lol. I will be at my sister's house though so if I need anything washed it can be. If I need to buy anything that I've forgotten I can. 

I am checked in on my flight online. The airport I'm leaving from is here in our town. It's a small airport and I'll fly to Detroit and from there onto London. I have quite a layover in Detroit as there aren't too many planes leaving from our town and they changed my flight to an earlier time. Sigh. It is nice leaving from our town though as the airport is (as I said) really small which means no long queues at Security. Once I'm through there I don't have to pick up my case until I get to London so that makes things easier. I have packed my Kindle, loaded with plenty of books and my headphones so I can listen to things on my phone. 

I shall arrive in London on Saturday and my sister, and her husband will pick me up at the airport. I am really quite excited. Of course, I wish Mum could be there, but my sister will be. 

I will try to post while I'm away, but I am going to be enjoying time with family. I will be trying to post some stories over on my Instagram page. I look forward to sharing lots of photos when I get back. I'm not taking my big lens with me but something more manageable that I can walk around with and be in the moment. I'm not taking a computer either, so no camera photos until I get back. 

I am looking forward to visiting Mum's bench and remembering the good times we spent at Felixstowe, eating Fish and Chips from her favourite shop. I would drink a Gregg's Latte in memory for her as it was her favourite, but I'm not a coffee drinker. 

A couple of phone photos of my walk today. I managed to get in a small one before the rains came. By looking at these you'd never think that an hour later - and most of the morning - it was pouring rain and storming. 













5 comments:

  1. Wishing you a safe and trouble free journey and a lovely time with your sister. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight and enjoy your holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely family time over here and find some books to take home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels and have a lovely time in England. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your journey is uneventful and you can have a lovely holiday. Such a shame you will be based so far away. I could have met you for a coffee .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.