Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Week Flying By - Again - Getting Ready

Had a nice day out on Sunday. We went to Kensington Metropark. It's pretty close to Detroit and a great place for city dwellers to get away. It's a 4,486 acre park that has a golf course, beaches, lakes, running and walking trails and a great nature walkway. We haven't explored hardly any of it as our favourite part of it to go to are the trails around the nature centre. There is a Heron Rookery, that has nesting herons in the springtime, a lake walk with all kinds of wildlife and (my husband's favourite) it's where you can stick your hand out with bird food and the birds will stop by and eat. 

We had a good walk around the lake, saw lots of bird including a wonderfully coloured Least Bittern. It's a pretty secretive bird and I was really lucky to get some photos of it. I have seen them before, but never so close up or when they were just sitting. 



Yesterday I went for a walk with my friend and then started to get the house in order and start picking out things I might take with me. My plane leaves on Friday. It's a busy birthday week too as oldest son's birthday is tomorrow, mother-in-law's on Thursday. I feel like I'm running out of time BUT I do feel somewhat organised (at least for me!). I have an idea of what clothes I am taking now. It's hit and miss with the weather but hopefully I'll pack the right sort of things. I don't think I'll take a lot of things to do. I MIGHT take a cross stitch project and my Kindle. I don't think I shall take any physical books. I always end up picking up some at the charity shops while I'm there, so I'll have plenty to read. 

It rained this morning, so I didn't go for a walk, but I did get more done at home than I expected. Tomorrow morning I'm going to take a break and go for as long a walk as I feel like. Probably more wandering around than walking. My friend won't be there so that frees me up to do as I please. In the afternoon when the guys come home from work, we're going to a local restaurant up the street to eat as that's what son would like to do. Over the last few years, I've not often been home when it's his birthday, so I think we're due a meal out!

I'll try to pop in again tomorrow.

I have some reading on blogs to do ! 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo! Happy birthday to your son! Enjoy his birthday meal out! Hope you have a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had a lovely meal. I bought some cake and ice cream too, so well celebrated. Agh, makes me feel older than my own birthdays!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.