Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2024

A Bit of Decluttering and a Change of Plans

I've been (sort of) nagging husband to give me a hand tidying up a space so I can move some things from another (bad) space. He did some of it today and ended up with a huge bag of rubbish and he several boxes to donate. He loaded up the car and took a bunch out. 



Really pleased that we made a bit of a start. 

I did go out for a nice (quick) walk this morning as I wanted to get back and (sort of) help husband. The sunrise was beautiful! A couple phone photos







Today was also the third anniversary of losing Aunt Jane. I think of all the things that have changed since she passed. I like to think she would have been proud of Baby A, a Great-great Neice. She did a lot with my children and I think she would have enjoyed seeing Baby A. 

Speaking of Baby A. Plans have changed. Daughter sent a pic this morning of her with a spotty face. They thought it was because of her drooling, but later she started coming up with a rash in other places. It meant a trip to the doctors. Funny in a way, as yesterday when I was talking to sister, she was telling me that her grandchildren (in England) had been off from school and nursery because of Hand foot and Mouth disease. Not something my children ever had. Well, guess what Baby A has? Yes. It's Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. She has to be off daycare until she heals. I offered to see if I could get a flight out to help out as she cannot go to daycare. I managed to get one for tomorrow, so I am flying out early! Husband and son will still be driving down next weekend. 

It does mean rushing around, trying to get last minute things sorted, but I really want to help. I feel bad about not being close enough to help out. I've sold a few things on Ebay lately, so I'm able to do the flight. Daughter will pick me up from the airport. I wasn't going to take the computer with me, but as I'm staying longer I think I will. Baby A goes to bed quite early and so do daughter and son-in-law so it will be a good time to work on some photography projects

I'll be back soon - from Minnesota! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.