Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Magazine Hoarder

Yup, that's me. I've realised that I am a magazine hoarder. I didn't think I was, but since I've started looking over the house, I realise that I have a problem with magazines. The more I seem to actually see them, the more they seem to multiply. I have different kinds of magazines - photography, crafts, country life and cooking. A lot of the craft ones have patterns in them I 'might' someday do. Even if I lived to be 150, I wouldn't have time to do all the projects I've earmarked to do. It's time to sort through them and let them go. If you've been reading the blog, you know that I have been letting go of the photography magazines. I discovered a whole other pile of those so there are more to look though. After that I have decided that it's time to sort through all the others and start letting them go. It's also time to stop buying them. I haven't bought any cooking ones for a while as I look up recipes on the internet, but I do still buy some other ones.  I said it in a previous post, but I might look at continuing on with Kindle Unlimited (a treat to myself once I've decluttered a lot more books) as it has magazine subscriptions or, once in a while, I might treat myself to a digital magazine through PocketMags. Either way, it is time to stop bringing them into the house. Decluttering itself isn't enough. I have to stop bringing things into the house. 

That's my thoughts for the day, a reminder to myself in case I forget! 

Today I didn't declutter much. I did take one lot of floss up to the craft room and sort through it. I got several organised and a pile to donate. I added three magazines to the donate pile. They are knitting magazines with lots of patterns in them. I also decluttered 5 books. Not a lot, but I was busy and didn't dedicate a lot of time to decluttering today. 

Do you still get magazines? Are you a read them and toss them sort of person or a read and re-read kind of person? 







A couple of decluttering photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.