Pages

Monday, October 7, 2024

Weekend Catch-Up

I didn't have a bad weekend. Nothing very exciting. I went for a walk by myself on Saturday morning. It was #1day12pics, the first Saturday of the month. I've been trying to do a theme each month. I've been in a bit of a funk recently so just decided to take a mindful walk, enjoying the things that I could see and to take photos of things that appealed to me. It really was quite pleasant. At one point I was sitting on a downed tree near the beavers' lodge and a family came along. I think it was Grandad, Father and two really small boys, one a baby, one about four or five. The older boy was chattering about the lodge and the beavers and things he had seen. Just as they were turning to go a beaver came up out of the water. In a hushed voice I told them one was above water and they all got to see the beaver. The little boy's face was lit with wonder. It really was lovely to see. 



The beaver. 

On Sunday husband and I went down to middle son's place as his car still has not been fixed and he needed to do a bit of a shop. We went for a walk in the state park first and then picked up son. My older son (who lives with us) had to work all weekend so he wasn't too happy. He shan't have a day off until next Saturday. 

What's in the plans for this week? 

Well, tomorrow I have my Asylum Lake meeting in the evening. On Wednesday son's car is supposed to be fixed so after husband's work we are driving the car down to son's place and then driving back. Sigh. I plan on doing a bit more decluttering. Then on Friday husband and I are going away for the weekend up north to (hopefully) see a bit of Autumn Colour. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.