Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Gardening Adventures

It's a beautiful sunny day today and I couldn't just stay in all day so I decided to start tackling the weeding. I admit to not being much of a gardener. I don't have plants in the house as (cringe) I tend to kill them. Last year as I knew that I was going to be quitting work I thought about having a small veggie plot. Even though I'm not much of a gardener I know that there is nothing like freshly picked veggies.

Last year was hit and miss. Rabbits and deer ate my lettuce. I'm not sure which as I saw both in the garden. The plants were pulled up by the roots so my thinking was deer. So disappointing. It was growing well. I haven't decided if I'm going to try it again this year. Can lettuce grow in a pot? I did warn you that I wasn't much of a gardener!

I can tell I'm getting old.  My back hurts from bending over. Lol. I got one plot done. It's a start.

BEFORE
AFTER


I'm not quite sure what happened but I found these while gardening. I did grow onions last year but cleaned out the patch before winter!


It's supposed to rain tomorrow but Thursday and Friday are going to be nice so I will probably tackle my little herb patch. Things there are definitely growing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.