Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Dreaming of Spring...and Summer

The sun is shining! The sun is shining! After two days of clouds, cold and snow showers the sun is finally out today. It makes me really excited. I just feel warmer and seem to have more energy when the sun is out. If only it would warm up - maybe by the weekend.

I did go out for a morning walk. I still dressed in my long undies, thick gloves and hat, but the sun felt nice on my skin (what little was showing!). I rang Mum today too - had to remember the time change (here). Instead of five hours ahead she's currently only four. She thought her clocks changed this coming weekend, but apparently not until the weekend after. We always do 5.30 her time so it's up to me to work out the correct time. It's really not that difficult, just confusing sometimes lol.

I booked my trip home to England so Mum and I had been chatting about where we'd go on holiday. We usually book a coach trip. We've decided on two five-day holidays this year - one to Torquay and one to Wales. I've been through Torquay (we went that way a couple of years ago) but not spent any time there. The only time I've been to Wales was on holiday when I was a child. The thing I remember most is losing my beloved doll somewhere near Llandudno. I'm excited!

Anyone else thinking of their summer hols?


Here's a photo from the birdfeeder. The Starlings can be quite vicious to one another but sometimes they don't mind sharing!

6 comments:

  1. So happy that you have some sunshine to cheer you.
    It has been dark, cold and wet here all day so I am very glad we got the oil delivery and were able to put the heating on.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will still be a while before we can turn the heating off!

      Delete
  2. Sunshine really does make you feel happier! We are having a rare few sunny days here, too. Your summer holidays sound wonderful and so nice to spend them with your Mum. We are going to Rome and Tuscany this fall with most of my family. I'm so excited. I've never been 'abroad'. I hope it warms up for you soon. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely makes me happier! That sounds like a fun holiday!

      Delete
  3. Glad to read that you've had some sunshine! Nothing lifts the spirits up like a sunny day. How lovely to be planning a visit to see your Mum and spend a holiday or two with her. I am sure you are both looking forward to the visit. I don't have any plans, yet, for a holiday, but, I might go up to visit my daughter for a few days, maybe in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be fun! We're going to visit daughter next month. I'm really looking forward to it as we haven't seen her since Christmas.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.