Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Winter Album

I've got it finished! Just in time for Spring. Well, officially it's Spring though I haven't seen that much evidence here. I am patiently waiting for things to start to grow. When I'm out walking I'm looking for any sign of greenery in the local woods. Sigh. Nothing. Anyway, I have finished the album I made with some of the photos I took of our winter. If nothing else, I am keeping up on my goal of getting something done with all the photos I've been taking.





It's been fun looking back and seeing some of the sights we've seen and the places we've been. I am not a big fan of Winter, nope, not a little, but living in Michigan avoiding it isn't an option. Snow and ice is just a reality. Instead of just putting up with it, staying inside and hibernating, husband and I decided we were going to get out and about and try to see some beauty. I can't believe we're almost through it! Winter seemed so long (we always say that lol).

I'm still working on my cross stitch and knitting. Once again I've been distracted by the birds (and squirrels) visiting the feeder in the back garden. So many 'new' birds visiting! It must be the ones that left for the winter returning. I am going to have to find a way to keep the squirrels off the feeders. They are eating everything in sight! Hubby saw something about using a slinky on the post. Might try it. The darn things (though really funny to watch) are driving me crazy. 


After attacking the suet feeder they are now climbing on this one and sticking their hands in the holes. Sigh.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

8 comments:

  1. Your winter album is a lovely idea! The squirrels say, "Can't let all these yummy seeds go to the birds!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching your amazing photos on instagram - beautiful. Even though those little tree rats are a bother - you took some cute pictures of them....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I must admit I do find them funny to watch.

      Delete
  3. Our winter has seemed very long too although nowhere near as cold and snowy as yours and it's going to be cold again for Easter, I gather.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be dragging on, doesn't it? Mum said it was supposed to be a lousy holiday weekend. Hope it warms up soon!

      Delete
  4. The slinkies do work but there is a BUT! I put one on my feeder pole and they can't climb up it any more but the little boogers jump from the ground and grab onto the bottom of the feeder, which incidentally is supposed to be squirrel proof. So if you use a slinky make sure the pole is quite long and the feeder is a good ways from the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! Doing more research it doesn't sound quite as successful as I'd hoped. I think we might have to work out something else.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.