Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Decluttering - well...

Thanks for all the lovely comments on the last post!

At the end of the last post I said my next post would be about decluttering. I probably shouldn't have said that. Laugh out loud. I had such good intentions and, at that point, was on a roll. Then midweek when I talked to Mum, I realised that daughter would be coming on the 17th - which is next weekend - had a little panic and stopped pulling stuff out and making more mess! So there isn't a lot to report. I did get a good start. I was inspired by Bless over at My Two Cents. She always writes such good posts with lists and goals. I decided to start the decluttering with clothes. They don't have a lot of meaning with me so I managed to pull out a few. I also did clean out the top of the wardrobe and found some things I didn't need, as well as a few jumpers I had tucked away (ones I really like but had forgotten about!). I also found up some Christmas bags so I made a list of the ones I needed for this Christmas - and I went to get them at the dollar shop before they all disappeared.

There were a couple of things I had to throw out completely but the other pieces I boxed up ready to take to the charity shop. It doesn't seem like a lot but it's a start.

- photo album (old fashioned that I'll never use)
- cd
- dvd
- pair of jeans
- 2 shirts
- pair of knit capris
- crafty kit (that I have had a while and will never complete)
- fashion scarf (something that came with a jumper and not a lot of use to me)
- blouse (I liked it at the time I bought it but realistically I won't wear so time to let go)

More difficult for me I managed to put together a box of ten books to take to the library for donation, put another six on paperbackswap.com (only those that had wishes for them so they can go immediately) and gave a small bag of books to my friend to read. Phew. It actually does look a little better when all written down! It helped to write things down too as I could see the progress.

Although I'm going to continue with the book decluttering, the rest will go on hiatus until after Thanksgiving. I have some cleaning up to do for when daughter comes to stay - it's next weekend YIKES!

2 comments:

  1. I have made a start but it is slow going. How wonderful that your daughter ill be with you for Thanksgiving, enjoy the quality time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the decluttering, Sharon! You made a very good start! Thank you for the link to my blog, too. I'm so glad your daughter is coming to visit on the 17th! Mine will be here on the 16th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.