Pages

Monday, November 12, 2018

Winter...

It has officially arrived. Too soon, in my opinion. Yes, we got snow Friday night into Saturday morning. More than expected. Probably around six inches. Hubby had planned on getting the porch winterised at the weekend, so snow had got on the front porch as it was quite windy too. He wasn't too happy. It did make him get the porch done as soon as possible though!

Despite the snow we did take a drive on Saturday. The closer we got to the lakeshore, the less snow there was but the winds were really quite high! Made for some lovely views of the lighthouse.


Saturday is Skype day and had a lovely chat with Mum. Time does seem to fly when we're talking. She's been having nicer weather than me. She'd actually gone to Felixstowe with my oldest sister on Thursday. I showed her the snow outside the window and she was glad she wasn't here!

This week I have to get my craft room sorted ready for when daughter comes. It means boxing things up in some order so that I can easily get to the Christmas projects I'm working on after she has left. Organising is not my forte. I shall try to do my best! The calendar I'm making for my Mum is coming along nicely. I will be taking some photos while daughter is here including one of the three 'kids' together. I am hoping to have the calendar and one holiday photo album for Mum done and posted by Dec 14th. I will be putting cards in there too - for Mum and sisters so those have to be made by then too.

Hubby is going away for work tomorrow and won't be back until the end of the week so I shall have time in the evenings to get some sorting/organising done. I usually sit with him when he comes home from work but as he won't be here I can work on other stuff. I did start a little cross stitch card, but the light has been so terrible and the threads really close in colour I'm finding a little tough to work on. Here's hoping for sunshine!

13 comments:

  1. A couple things...first, you should be selling your photos - art! The shots you share with all of us are amazing! Sell them on here or Instagram. O.k. on the the declutter - not my forte either! On to the husband...I "sit" at night too with mine...I really should be doing more decluttering....lol I feel the same, Winter snuck up on us....even though we know it comes every year...."it" got the better of me this year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your lovely comments. I admit to not having a lot of confidence, so it's good to hear others appreciate my photos.

      Delete
  2. Your Mum is right we have been having some lovely weather here in Suffolk. Then we had a day when it rained nearly all day which was horrible. I'm glad there's no sign of winter here yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point - with more snow - I'm yet again wondering why I came here lol

      Delete
  3. Wooow that photo gives me the shivers. It is a gorgeous one though.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic photo, you have a real eye for beauty. I have just started on decluttering, it is tough going. Sunday is our day for skype, such a wonderful treat to see the Grandchildren each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love Skype. Don't think I'd keep plodding along without it. Love seeing Mum and spending time with her even though I can't be there.

      Delete
  5. I'm in the Midlands in the UK and the weather here is not too bad; winter definitely has not arrived yet. That's a wonderful picture of the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Winter has definitely arrived here. Sadly

      Delete
  6. Snow already? Wow. It's been quite nice here (Essex, UK)although the mornings and evenings have been quite chilly. Lots of lovely sun though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Sigh. I really don't like it. I could deal if there was sunshine, but there's not.

      Delete
  7. Winter always seems to come early up there, doesn't it? Makes for a long winter. Keep warm and enjoy your daughter's visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems earlier this year. Enjoy your daughter's visit too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.