Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday

Daughter arrived safely on Saturday. She is only home for a week, but I'm really thankful she is. We've been out walking with Shasta. It's nice to have someone else to walk with though I don't see much wildlife when Shasta is around (she sees them but they are scared of her). Daughter is spending time catching up with friends some of the time and I get to dog sit Shasta. Last night she wanted to cuddle on the settee. She does miss daughter when she isn't around.

We do plan on doing a little shopping. For a while now I've needed a new winter coat but I'm a little cheap to spend the 60-150 dollars it costs for a new one. Our local all-round shop had some on sale this week - the $80 ones were only $19.99. I could bring myself to spend that! It's really warm and fluffy. Daughter ended up buying one too. I am going to splurge on Friday as Barnes and Noble has their magazines on sale for 30% off. They only do one or two of these a year and I treat myself to some English ones. Apart from some of daughter's games (Christmas presents) she has on her list the mags will be my only shopping this week. I hate crowds and will be avoiding them as much as possible!

I am looking forward to having all three of my 'kids' together for Thanksgiving. It's been almost a year since they've all been together and I've told them to expect some photo taking!


6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your family, having them for Thanksgiving is a blessing. We don't get to see our daughter till Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She (sadly) won't be spending Christmas with us. Last year was just too snowy and it made for a terrible drive.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! She is really such a sweetheart. She's a rescue dog and you couldn't ask for a sweeter dog.

      Delete
  3. Hello Sharon, now nice that you have your daughter home, and I hope you are enjoying a lovely thanksgiving today with all your three children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.