Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Long Week...

This week seems to be going quite slowly. I think it might have something to do with hubby being away for work until the weekend and the lousy weather. It's snowing again today. I was rather hoping it wouldn't. There's wishing for you! The weather forecast said a few snow showers around in the afternoon. It started around eight this morning. I don't like surprises. Needless to say, plans I had are out the window. I'm staying inside. I did tidy up my room. It's ready for daughter's visit. I'm going to pull out my knitting and spend the day doing that, or perhaps some stitching (I'm working on a little Christmas card) if the light is good enough. I put out some extra seed for the birds - some fruit and nut mix I got yesterday. The seed I put out on the table first thing has been buried beneath a layer of snow. No walk today. I got the car out, warmed it up (another horrible thing about winter lol), drove up the hill and back down again. I honestly couldn't be bothered.

I think I'll finish my hot chocolate and do some crafty stuff! Looking out the window at the white stuff is as close to it I'm going to get for the rest of the day.


From my walk the other day.

7 comments:

  1. Brrrr - snow! It supposed to be getting much colder over this side of the Ocean next week but I'll believe that when it happens. Hope you are staying warm and cosy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another mild and misty day here in Suffolk but just seen the forecast and they say much colder next week with a wind chill factor making it even colder - doubt we'll have snow - that would be a shock- Might give us something different on the news rather than Brexit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot chocolate and some knitting sounds like a lovely way to spend a snowy day, Sharon. Glad you got the room ready for your daughter's visit. I still need to remake my daughter's bed with fresh sheets. She just texted me to say she's headed out to the airport. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is so pretty in pictures and so miserable to deal with in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot chocolate and crafting, it doesn't get any better than that. Beautiful photo, that would make a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad we don't get a lot of snow here in Wiltshire UK. There's a light fall some years which satisfies my urge to take some snow photos, but it's rare to have a heavy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty winter wonderland picture. But, ooh, it looks cold - warming cars up and de-icing them in freezing conditions is not so much fun. Hunkering down with some hot chocolate sounds the best thing to do. We're still in late autumn colour here in the Midlands, UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.