Pages

Monday, November 5, 2018

November 5th

Today is Guy Fawkes Day and my 30th wedding anniversary. I picked the date because I knew that I would remember it. I'm terrible at remembering dates.

I can't believe it's been 30 years! Where has the time gone? We've had our ups and downs but we're still here. Even after this long when I had the flu in the spring he came home on his lunch break to check on me. He's the one who comes out with me every Sunday, rain or shine, blowing snow or freezing ice. Yes, he'll be sheltering from the wind while I take my photos, but he does get out of the car lol. I really don't know how he puts up with grumpy me sometimes. I guess I'll hold on to him for a little longer ;)

On a crafty note, I FINALLY finished my cross stitch. It seems as though I've been working on this forever. It had been in my stash for a while. As a rule I don't generally buy kits and working on this reminded me why. I love the design and most of the time I enjoyed working on it, BUT there were a lot of half stitches and the fabric supplied didn't make it easy. Also there were a lot of one strand of this colour and one strand of that. I didn't like that at all. Our cat doesn't seem to like me doing anything while I'm sitting in my chair as he thinks my lap should be his on command. I had a lot of picking it up and putting it down again.


I am pleased with how it turned out. However I think my next cross stitch project will be one of the small kits that come 'free' with the magazine. I have quite a few of them! I also need to pick up the knitting and learning to crochet again now that the weather is cooler. Mum asked me whether I'd done anymore crochet and I had to admit that I hadn't so I think I'll pull it out and try again. 

Tomorrow is my final dentist appointment for a while - my permanent crown will be put on. I'll be glad to be done. The ladies at my dentist at very nice, but I'll be glad not to see them for a while!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. I'm talking decluttering next post. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary - we were married 30 years this year too. Yes, the time has flown! My eyes can't do those tiny stiches anymore...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Looking forward tonthe decluttering post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross stitch is beautiful, I would never have the patience. Congratulations on thirty years, time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. Your cross-stitch is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful cross stitch project but I doubt I would have had the patience to work with such a fussy pattern - serious respect to you.
    Many, many congratulations to you both on your wedding anniversary.
    And good luck with the dentist today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Anniversary wishes. Yours is the same day as my Son and DDIL but they have only racked up eight years for theirs so far.
    Very pretty cross stitch picture.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Best wishes to both of you!

    The cross stitch is beautiful! I bought a cross stitch kit once and started on it, but couldn't see well enough to work on it! Still have it in my stash!

    Hope the dental visit went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.