Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Back to Clouds...

The sunshine has left and the clouds have returned. I think a front must have come through last night as I ended up with a horrible headache. It was one of those that made me feel like if I moved I would be sick. The only thing that usually helps with these is going to bed, so that's what I did. Thank goodness the headache was gone when I woke up this morning. I was still feeling a little blah though so I decided that I'd give the walk a rest (it was very dreary too). I had a couple of things to pick up so I went and got the few bits I needed. I'm doing a little better about not picking up things I don't need. I find that it helps if I use cash as I only have so much in my purse and that has to last me the week. I find myself thinking more of what I am buying rather than just swiping my card.

I also took back some of the recyclable bottles and cans. Here in Michigan we have a 10cent deposit on anything fizzy. We keep them out in the garage, but they have been piling up. It's a job we all hate doing. When the kids needed money they would take back but now it's up to husband and I.

When I came home I did get a few odds and ends done - cleaning a few things I had been thinking about doing. I also sorted the area by the chair I usually sit in as it seems to be a catch-all area and the books and bits were piling up. It feels good to have the area clean. I want to get my wardrobe done again this week. I've been thinking about clothes and have decided to let a few more pieces go. I like them, but realistically I don't wear them so what's the point in keeping them? If only getting rid of books was that simple to me...

I also got up in the craft room and started a little sorting up there. I have to get it tidied up. I think that it being so messy isn't helping me get my mojo back! I did play around a little with a card and a page in my things-I-like book.



3 comments:

  1. You've had a productive day! Plus, you inspired me to clear the side table near my chair! It was piled with bits and pieces, including old grocery receipts! I am a clutter magnet!

    I like your "things I like" book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went out this morning and it was soooo cold. I was really glad to get home and get the heating on.

    Do you have a Bind It All for making your books or do you buy them. It looks fab.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the recycling! I wish I could crawl back in bed!! Soon - very soon! HA! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.