Pages

Friday, February 7, 2020

It's Friday

I haven't been out of bed long. The birds are already out in the garden looking for food. A new layer of snow has fallen and anything that was left on the bird table has been covered with snow. I woke up a little before donning my snow boots and venturing out into the garden. My footprints from yesterday have all been covered up. I am going to wait a little while before deciding whether to venture out or not. Husband texted me (reason I woke up) to say good morning and to let me know that roads were a little icy and it would be better to wait until the morning rush was over before going out. Maybe this will have to be (another) stay inside day. Husband says he might get off work early as he's worked a lot this week so could take me out then. If our road looks bad I might take him up on that!

The weekend doesn't look too promising either so I'm not sure what we will be doing. I didn't get as much sorting done this week as I hoped to. Yesterday I got caught up in a book and spent most of the day reading(!) something I usually try not to do.


It was a really good book. It was one of those books that I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go slow so that I could savour it or whether I wanted to sit down and read it all in one go. I ended up doing the second. I just couldn't help it. It was one of the books that had been on my shelf a little while. I am not sure I will be letting it go though - this might be one I find a place for on my bookshelf.

I am determined to pull out a cross stitch to get started on. I found a little kit - one of those you find on the cover of some magazines - while I was sorting the other day and thought it was really cute. Sadly it was already open, the pattern and fabric were there, but not the threads! Perhaps I shall find them as I sort through things. I probably have a bunch of those little kits sitting around and they finally decided to put the pattern in with them (in the past the pattern was in the magazine) so I shall probably start with one of those. Sometimes it's nice to do a few little projects so you see progress. I think that's the kind of mood I'm in.

Anyway I do need to get moving. There are some general house-y things I need to get done before I can think about anything else. Hope everyone has a good day!

4 comments:

  1. More snow? Goodness me....we haven't had a single flake yet this Winter and much as I love it I have got to the point of not being bothered now.
    It is very cold though.
    Perfect time to be getting your cross stitch out and snuggling down.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the roads are icy, then, it might be best to stay home and wait until your husband is free to take you out. Be safe and warm! I still have a cross stitch kit I bought several years ago - I started on it and found the pattern to be too small for me to see well! Maybe I should donate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day of reading sounds like heaven to me. Have a wonderful, warm and safe weekend, whatever you choose to do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More snow eck! Sounds like the perfect day for pottering inside or snuggling down with a book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.