Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Oopps... where did time go.

Yup that was another unintended break. I meant to write more last week but time slipped away from me and then husband and I went away for a long weekend. We left Friday at about noon and came back later on Monday. We took a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a winter trip. We had a truly lovely time - the weather was amazing (for this time of year lol). It was sunny every day so I got to photograph 3 sunsets and 3 sunrises and the temperatures were above freezing! We got to see some amazing ice and snow. It was a lovely break and a great time.

We stayed in Mackinaw City. Most of the hotels are closed for the winter, but there are one or two are open. These are in the larger chains. I suppose they are able to deal with loses or not a big profit margin rather than some of the smaller ones. Last year when we went it wasn't very busy, but this year on the weekend we were going there a wedding party had booked into the hotel and it was completely full! Not sure who would want to get married in winter in upper Michigan as the weather rarely cooperates, but they obviously had good luck with theirs! It just so happened that we got into the lift with the groom's parents our first night there. Apparently the wedding was being held at the nearby International Dark Sky Park - a place people go to watch and photograph the night sky. The only lights permitted are red lights. Later, it got me wondering whether the couple had met there or why they decided on there to get married. It was funny they were getting married there as last month I read a murder mystery that was set at that very park - Under a Dark Sky by Lori Rader-Day.

So now it's back to the daily ins and outs for a while. We might go on a trip at the end of March. Might. I have lots of photos to sort through. It will certainly keep me busy. I'm glad we made the most of the sun as by the time we got back to Kalamazoo it was cloudy and today brings another snow storm. Ah well, it was good while it lasted!

I have lots of catching up to do. Hopefully I'll have some photos to share soon.

Today's photo - a lovely Bluebird to brighten up the winter skies.


6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had nice weather on your long weekend getaway. :) Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures you took. The one of the bluebird is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bird. Very pretty.
    I look forward to seeing your other photos and am glad you had a lo vely time with kind weather.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely time and I look forward to seeing the photos. I don't understand the attraction of a winter wedding either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to know that you had a lovely weekend Sharon. Looking forward to the photos.

    I would have loved a Winter wedding....but only if snow was guaranteed...lol.

    Have a good week.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a nice time. The UP is beautiful - anytime of the year - can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to get away and get lucky with the weather too. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.