Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

I Survived...the Dentist

As anybody who has read this for a while knows I have a terrible phobia of the dentist. I had an appointment on Monday for a filling and I must admit that I've been worrying about it for weeks and the anxiety got stronger the closer the date came. The people at the office are great, I really like them and feel comfortable with them, it's just that old fear creeping up again. I did make it through the appointment. At one point I felt as though I was going to throw up and then felt as though my heart was going to beat through my chest, but I made it through. I am SO glad it is over! I think I have a cleaning coming up late next month but I'm not going to think about it for a while!

The rest of Monday was pretty much a bust (the appointment wasn't until 11.30am). I ran a couple of errands and then came home and crashed. I always seem to do that. I think it's the utter relief that it's over. I have plans to sort through a tub of books and magazines, but it's still sitting in the corner. I was going to sort it downstairs (where it was stored) but I had asked husband to double check that the things he had on top would be okay if I moved them (it's in his work area). He ended up clearing off the said items and bringing the tub up. At least it's warmer up here and I have to get it done so it won't sit up here for ever lol. I have a bunch of books sitting waiting to be taken for donation. The bag is overflowing so it should be taken care of soon. It's no good sorting out/reading books that can be donated for them just to sit there.

Photos for today.

On my last post I told of the people wind surfing in the lake on Saturday when there was ice. I did take a couple of photos.





9 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done! You survived the visit to the dentist! I know exactly how you feel because I hate going to the dentist, myself. Did I ever mention about the time I burst into tears while sitting in the chair?! I was so embarrassed, afterwards, but, it was traumatic for me to have a root canal done!

    Those windsurfers are brave to be out on the lake when there is ice! But, great photos!

    Hope the rest of the week goes well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I know how that feels though. I think the first couple of times I went I was almost in tears. The staff are very friendly and didn't make me feel stupid for my fear at all. They advertise as catering to people who have a fear of the dentist.

      I can't imagine being out there on the lake - it was so freezing!

      Delete
  2. You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy! Really well done.

    How can anyone go wind surfing when it's so cold. Brrr - it makes me shiver just thinking about it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how they could do it either. I think they were quite young lol

      Delete
  3. Well done for going through with it. I hate the dentist so know exactly how you feel

    Are those windsurfers crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave. Well done.

    Those windsurfers want their flippin' bumps feeling. They're mad....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness I can't believe they would be windsurfing at this tie of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know they have wet suits on but, still! I only jumped it icy water one time for a charity "Freezin for a Reason" - never again! I'm shivering just looking at your photos. Which, by the way are awesome! Also, good job on the dentist..."preach good words" to yourself to motivate you to do it....smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.