Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Week That Wasn't

Yup, that was this week. It's passed me by with the blink of an eye. My middle son had a job interview in Louisiana this week - he left on Tuesday, had to take two planes, a bus, pick up a car, drive an hour and check into a hotel. This was all new for him. He hasn't flown on a plane since he was younger. He sometimes gets overwhelmed so I was a little worried. Is there ever an age that we don't worry about our 'kids'? He made it there okay, but I stayed up until after 1am on Wednesday morning just to know that he made it to the hotel lol. The interviews went well on Wednesday he said. Today he had to do the reverse. But of course this is February in Michigan. We had another snow storm. Louisiana was lovely and warm and he will be coming back to below freezing temps.

Anyway he managed to find his way back to the airport and drop the car off. His plane leaving Louisiana was delayed. The company he had interviewed with (and had made all the travel arrangements) rang to let him know and say he probably wouldn't make the second plane, did he want to rebook for a later plane? He asked what I would do. I said to do that because if he did make it in time for the original connection the airline would probably let him on it if there was space. Good thing he did! His original connection was cancelled. He made it to Chicago airport and is waiting to see if the later plane actually leaves. The weather now isn't too bad here, but I think everything is backed up. Fingers crossed as he has to go to work tomorrow.

Most of the day I've spent worrying. Sigh. The life of a worry guts.

I did start a cross stitch. Hoping to finish it up tomorrow.


While I was sorting this I remembered why I had so many lying around not opened. It's not easy to work out which strand is which - cream, light tan, very light tan, tan - groan - there isn't a lot of difference in colour.

I didn't walk today but, as there were some nice snowflakes, I decided to give photographing them a go. It isn't easy. I did manage a couple.


12 comments:

  1. I think you never stop worrying about your children. I know I don't.

    The snowflake photo is stunning - how did you take it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever stop worrying. Sigh.

      As for the snowflake photo. I put out a black towel and managed to catch a few good flakes. I have a macro lens (not a very good one) for my camera so I took them with that. There were more hits than misses, but there were a couple of good ones. If you'd like settings and that I'd be more than happy to share.

      Delete
  2. No, we never stop worrying about our children, especially when they are traveling! Hope you son made it home, OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better not worrying about daughter all the time. When she first moved there she was all alone, now I at least know that she has people she can ask for help and people around her.

      Delete
  3. I try to worry less, but .... I said try.... Well, if he wants that job, I wish him luck. However, LA is far from MI. But, you could visit in winter. I liked parts of LA when we were there, rich in history. Then, yes, my week (maybe its' been 2) has slipped away....I've been working, staying busy, but not much seems to get done. Snowflake picture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm torn about it, but, at the end of the day he has to do what's right for him. I hope it's a little closer than that though lol

      Delete
  4. Travel is such a nightmare these days.
    You never stop worrying....first your own children and then again when the grandies come along.

    That's the reason I don't like cross stitch kits. I can't tell the difference between the colours when they have a finely shaded area.

    How on earth did you manage to take that photo of the snowflake? It's awesome.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a (not great) macro lens for my camera so I managed the snowflake photo with that. They are so very tiny.

      I don't like the kits, but I have some and I need to either do them or get rid of them. I have plenty of patterns and floss too. I don't mind some of the larger kits as they have separated floss. I bought one at a charity shop last summer so that will be my next project.

      Delete
  5. Yes, that snowflake is awesome! We have snow, 12 degrees But sunny. My son is 48 and is accident prone so I pray for him continually!💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Brrr… cold. I love the lighthouse in your photo - looks beautiful!

      Delete
  6. My goodness travelling is not easy with all these storms around. Hope he manages to get home safely and not too stressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't too stressed - I think I was more stressed than he was! He did finally make it home

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.