Pages

Monday, February 3, 2020

Monday, Monday

The weekend was a mixed bag. Saturday was absolutely horrible. Our walk wasn't very nice as we ended up getting caught in something that was a mixture of snow and ice. The place we walked had part of the trail washed out. We ended up walking up a trail someone had made through the woods, to the sand dune and down to the beach...what was left of it. I am getting rather sad visiting some of these places. There was hardly anything left of a beach that used to be quite big.

Sunday was absolutely beautiful. It was sunny and bright and the temperatures were above freezing. I must admit that I didn't want to come home. I wanted to soak up that sunshine while I could! We had a lovely walk along a couple of beaches. There were lots of people out having the same idea as we did.

These were taken with my phone. I took lots of photos with my camera but haven't sorted through them yet.



The first is of the lighthouse and the second is of the view as we drove through Grand Rapids.

Today dawned bright and sunny too so I decided to make the most of it and I took a little drive. We'll be back to clouds tomorrow so I wanted to get out and enjoy it and soak up that sun! There were quite a few people out today, some walking, jogging, fishing and there were even a couple of boats out. That's a really rare thing. Usually at this time of year the lake is frozen, but things haven't been quite as cold this year - just grey, grey, grey.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!








5 comments:

  1. Those are nice photos, is that a bridge for walking to the lighthouse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have the Monday, Monday song by the Mamas and the Papas playing in my head! LOL. I am glad you had at least a couple of sunny days in which to go out for a drive and a walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has the beach disappeared because the sand has been washed away or because the water level has risen? As always, the photos are loveoly, thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your phone photos are brilliant. I'm glad you had some sunshine and was able to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.