Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Another Week Bites the Dust

Another week over. This week I could certainly see the beginnings of the changes in the seasons. Things were certainly a little cooler, the mornings are taking longer to dawn and the nights are drawing in. There have been several cloudy days in a row. I don't mind the cooler temperatures but I do miss seeing the sun. I think as the days grow duller and cooler I might be spending more time indoors. I walked several mornings, but a couple of days not as far as I usually would.

In the home I am still trying to sort and tidy. I am working a little on my craft room, but with moving everything around it is looking quite a mess! I wanted to give myself time to have a little fun while cleaning too so I took time to make a couple of projects. 

While sorting the craft room I came across lots of paper bits and scraps. I sorted out the biggest of these to use on little mini albums. The first lot I worked with were some dog papers that I'd bought to make an album for daughter. I made and gifted the album a while ago but these were leftover pieces that were too big to throw away. As a side note I think in the future I might make up a large bag and add these to the donation pile if I haven't used them after x amount of time. 

There was more paper than I thought as I was able to make two mini albums with the bits and pieces. I really like how they turned out!




This first little album was made from 6 cards and envelopes. Each one has a pocket and I made a little journaling card from some cut outs that were on one sheet of paper.





This second one is a little waterfall album. I used more journaling cards on the top of the pages and patterned paper on the bottom. I really like both of these styles of albums as they are perfect for using up small pieces. 

I have another pile I am starting on as well as - gasp - thinking about starting Christmas cards. I say this every year but as I am home more this year I am determined to get a start on them so I'm not rushing at the last minute!


3 comments:

  1. Every time I see your mini albums, I admire them and want to make one, but, haven't done so, yet.

    Yes, it's time to start thinking of holiday gifts, isn't it? It's going to be interesting, this year, as I will not be attending any of the family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing and such a great way to use up the scraps. I have already made a start with the Christmas gifts and now plan to make the cards and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Might as well start early...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.