Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Spoke too Soon and Ruby Wedding Anniversary Gift

Well, I spoke too soon on the leg cramps. Friday night I had the worst one I've ever had! I woke up and had to walk around the house. It was still dreadfully painful Saturday morning. We went for a little walk. I thought that might loosen up the muscles that perhaps had tightened with the cramp. Saturday afternoon my leg started to swell. I thought that perhaps I had a (yikes!) blood clot in my leg, but I put ice on it and sat with my leg up for the rest of the afternoon and evening and it went down. Sunday it was still painful. We did go out but not much walking. When we got home I put it up and iced it again. Monday it was starting to feel a little better and today better still - almost back to normal. I'm not sure what I did. Perhaps the cramp ended up pulling the muscle or something. Yikes!

I have been taking Magnesium but that doesn't seem to have helped. When I was out today I saw something that I'm going to try. It's specifically for night leg cramps and does include Magnesium as well as some other things. The reviews on it seem good. Probably too much information but I know my hormones (menopause) are dancing all over the place as I've started having the hot face thing again. I'm sure these increased leg cramps are due partially to that. If the new stuff doesn't work I shall try some multi vitamins. The last time I took them I felt really sick, but someone said to try the childrens' vitamins.

On a plus note the Ruby Wedding cross stitch that I made, laced the back of and sent to Mum made it safely. She has FINALLY managed to find a frame that specific size and my middle sister helped her frame it and wrap it today ready for my oldest sister's ruby wedding anniversary on the 13th. I'm so pleased how it turned out!



4 comments:

  1. A lack of potassium can also cause leg cramps - is that something you've had checked by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are able to sort the leg cramps out soon, they are so painful. I think your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was scary with your leg swelling like that! I'm glad the icing helped. Maybe a phone call to your doctor's office to discuss it might be in order? I'm sorry the magnesium wasn't helpful; hope this other supplement will help.

    The framed cross stitch looks lovely! I am sure your sister will love her gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through a patch of leg cramps a few years ago. Nothing seemed to help but eventually they just stopped so it was probably a hormone thing.That gorgeous cross stitch will look lovely displayed on a wall. I know how long it must have taken to make it and am sure it will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.