Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Mid-Week

I feel as though I am just plodding along. Sometimes it's a slog to get through a day. Sigh. 

Things are still leaving the house. I'm still going for walks. I'm crafting. I'm sitting in the garden sometimes. Perhaps it's because there was no time away this year I just feel as though I'm on a hamster wheel doing the same old thing over and over again, a bit like a record (yup, showing my age!) being stuck. I'm sure it will pass.

Photo today - while I was out in the garden the other day the blue jays were going crazy. They were making lots of noise as they have since the babies found their voices. I thought it was more of nothing until I caught a flash of wings and saw this hawk land in our neighbour's tree. 


They seem to come more often as the autumn approaches. Maybe they are just passing through. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope that hawk is not looking to snack on the baby birds!

    Sometimes, all one can do is plod along. I'm sorry the days seem so monotonous. I'm sure you're missing your usual holiday, visiting your mother and spending time with her. Could you make some other plans, instead, to look forward to? A weekend get-away, somewhere, before it gets too cold and snowy? A visit to your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the same old in moderation. It's comforting and gives me some feeling of stability.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I hear my chickens making a ruckus, I look up, sure enough there is usually a hawk. I get the record anology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you I am filling my days and am mostly content but also like you I do feel as if I am plodding along. I love Christmas so have made a start with some little gifts for the children that has lifted the spirit for now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.