Pages

Friday, September 25, 2020

Dentist and Crafty Makes

I survived my dentist appointment. My dental hygienist explained to me the different changes they had made. Despite my fear of the dentist I have always appreciated how cheery and careful the ladies (they are all women) are. I really felt comfortable (well, as comfortable as I can be at the dentist) and safe. I didn't actually see my dentist but I have to go back to have some work done (that was planned pre-Covid) so I will have my check-up then. There was a couple of bits of sad news - one of the ladies had died suddenly (not from Covid) and my dentist has been diagnosed with early stages of breast cancer. She's younger than me and has already survived two lots of Lymphoma (I'm not sure if she said Hodgkin's or Non-Hodgkin's). She has decided on a double mastectomy so they are not sure how long she will be gone or how the office will work. The last time she had cancer she apparently worked right through it. My hygienist said that because of all the chemo and radiation she's already had she's holding onto that option as a last resort. Dentist is a lovely lady. She's really friendly and caring - very understanding of all my dental woes. She has a daughter too. I could tell the hygienist was quite upset. They are a tight bunch - they even all take a holiday together (I think it's a team building thing but always somewhere nice!).

Anyway... on to nicer things. Some of the crafty mini-albums I've been making. I'm determined to use up some of my paper stash and these are fun to make and use quite a bit of paper. 








And because I was running out of these pieces of leftover papers I made a little half waterfall album. I am happy to say that all these pieces of paper I had held onto from other leftover projects are now all gone!



While I was sorting through my craft room I found two small 12 x 12 paper boxes full of pieces of paper that I had leftover from other projects and these papers were in it. I have pulled out a couple more different loads and am now using those up. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Glad your dental appointment went well, but, so sorry to hear that one of the ladies had a sudden death and that the dentist has cancer, again. I hope she will make a complete recovery.

    You've been busy with the crafting and I love those mini albums you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sad news about your dentist. Love your paper makes you have such a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mini albums. They are amazing. The dentist ladies are having a hard time of things. Hope things improve for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sad news about your dentist. Cancer is an evil thing. But on a lighter note.I absolutely love your waterfall album and I think I may use the idea to create a wedding album for my son and his future wife next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is sad news about your dentist. Positive thoughts and prayers sent to her today. Your mini albums are so cute! Keep up with the destashing...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.