Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Just a Thursday

Yesterday was middle son's birthday.  He did actually come to visit, stay to eat and we watched the beginning of a show on Netflix - Cobra Kai. I wasn't sure I would be interested but it was actually quite funny. For anybody who was growing up in the 80s a huge film was The Karate Kid starring Ralph Macchio (he played Daniel, the underdog and hero) and William Zabka (Johnny, villain). Cobra Kai is about them when they are grown up. This time the emphasis is on Johnny. I really enjoyed it! Can't wait to watch some more next time son comes to visit. 

This morning I got up early and made plans to go to the other side of town to watch the sunrise. Now that it's coming later it is a lot easier to watch. It was really beautiful. I was the only person there watching the sun come up. There really is something so peaceful just watching. These were taken with my phone as I haven't downloaded the others yet. 



I have a dreaded dentist appointment tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it. Logically I know that they will be very careful as they all have families, but I don't like (and stress) about going to the dentist in normal circumstances. I am trying to tell myself that I will get through the day. It will probably take less than an hour. I can survive that!


3 comments:

  1. Those sunrise photos as so lovely!

    Good luck with the dental appointment! I know how you feel because I feel the same way about my own dental appointments! I went in a couple of weeks ago for a tooth cleaning and, today, I went in to have a tooth extracted. I now have to go in again, in two weeks, for a check up and to be fitted for a partial denture. Hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such strange times aren't they. Imagine finding it a treat to watch netflix with your son instead of being able to go out and celebrate but actually I think you probably had a far nicer time than if you had been able to go out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.