Pages

Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday

Another week over. I was having a not-too-bad week. At least until today. Although I've been having a few leg/feet cramps they have calmed down a bit. I think the heat has something to do with the extra bad ones as now that the heat has eased off again so have the really bad cramps. I always have them, but nothing like recently.

I have kept going with the sorting. The shredding is mostly done. I have one more box to sort through before I put the shredder away again. More books have left the house, more magazines have gone (and several sold!) and the pile of other donations from the front porch have gone to the charity shop. I had hubby drop them off today as he had to leave from work early (they aren't allowed overtime and he had to work extra the other day). When he got to the shop they said they do accept donations - by appointment only! He managed to talk them into taking the stuff (thank goodness).

Anyway that brings us to today. It's my Mum's birthday today. She turned 84.  I miss her terribly.  Even though it's not my day to ring her I said I wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday. Last night I had nightmares that I had forgotten to call her. All throughout the day I had to keep reminding myself. I did remember. We didn't talk for long as it was later for her and we shall Skype tomorrow. She spent the day with my sisters. They all went out together, down to Felixstowe, had Fish and Chips, a walk along the seafront and then back to Mum's for cake and presents. Sigh. I just about cried when I got done. It's so hard sometimes. Sigh.

I did just get a lovely message from daughter. She went shopping at Tuesday Morning and picked me up some crafty bits. It's nice to know she's thinking of me. Also as hubby was home early he made me a new bird table with scrap wood we had around. I almost forgot this (well, I did and had to edit and add) my oldest son went to the bookstore today as he had an extra day off and he came back with a lovely little bird book for me that I can take out with me while walking.


How cool is that? The chipmunks are still trying to work out how to climb up it. The blue jays are loving getting peanuts from the top part.

Well, I guess over all there were some nice pluses to the day. I am lucky that I have people thinking of me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your Mum! You were there in your thoughts and in spirits to join in on the celebration. Tomorrow, when you Skype with her, she can show you the cards and gifts she received. (((HUGS)))

    Well done on all the decluttering you've done! I'm glad your husband was able to get the charity shop to accept the donations, even without an appointment! That's a nice bird table he made for you! Give the chipmunks a couple of days and they'll figure it all out! LOL.

    That was lovely of your daughter to think of you and pick up some craft supplies for you and of your son to get you the bird book. You are much loved by them, Sharon.

    You might be on to something about the cramps and heat - one loses more salts and minerals on hot days and that probably leads to more cramping. Speaking of hot, we are supposed to be 111F, tomorrow, and 114F on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it is not to see your parents, at least we have technology which is better than nothing. Love the new bird table, that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.