Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Checking In

 We're back from visit with daughter. I meant to post, but I forgot my computer and it was really difficult to write and post from my phone so, after the first post, I gave up. 

I did enjoy time with daughter, but it wasn't a good Mum week so I ended up crying an awful lot. It was nice to have a shoulder to cry on but I felt that was all I seemed to do! We did have an enjoyable time. It was my birthday last Wednesday. Daughter got up early with me and went to the Sherbourne National Wildlife Refuge with me (it's really close to her and I visited a LOT last week lol). We then went out and did some shopping. In the afternoon she had an appointment at a wedding dress shop where she picked out a beautiful dress. After that we did go out for a meal with husband, her fiance and his parents. We fit a lot in on my birthday!

Back in Michigan again and it is HOT! It was hot for most of the week in Minnesota too. I didn't take the right clothes with me. I packed a lot of jumpers and jeans and ended up buying a couple more tee shirts to get me through the week! We have window air conditioners, so those have gone in. I wasn't ready for it though lol. I hate sleeping (having trouble with that anyway) when it's hot. 

I have to play catch-up with a lot of blogs. I hope everyone is well. 

Photo today: beaver. I had such fun watching these at the wildlife refuge. We saw at least six of them in two different ponds and lots more lodges. This one we watched as it pulled branches across the pond and dump them on top of the lodge. I could have watched for hours but that day I had husband and daughter with me. 



5 comments:

  1. It must have been very emotional for you. This sort of situation is so very hard to cope with.
    I can't sleep when I'm too hot either. I just toss and turn.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Sharon! I'm so glad you were able to spend it with your daughter. I remember crying about my mother on my daughter's shoulders (she was only 12 when my mother passed away); it felt like a total reversal of our roles, but, I will never forget how lovingly she held me. I know your daughter being there for you was helpful. That's a great picture of the beaver on its lodge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a shame that your mum chats leave you feeling upset. Hopefully it does reassure you to know she is safe and well and being looked after. I would love a bit of warm sunshine but in true Brit fashion would soon be moaning that it's too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She said "yes to the dress" that's a big check to the list. It was HOT in WI too. Now we have frost warnings for Saturday am. Uggh...I'm glad you had a nice visit and shoulder to cry upon. Hugs... I could have watched the beavers all day too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday wishes to you. It sounds like you had a lovely day with your daughter, especially the excitement of shopping for her wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.