Pages

Friday, May 28, 2021

Week

 Well, this week didn't go quite how I wanted it to either. Sigh. 

Mum is in the hospital. She got admitted on Wednesday which just so happened to be sister's birthday. Sister has not been able to talk to her yet but has been in touch with the doctors and such. Mum has an infection. She will probably be in the hospital until at least Tuesday. Sister has managed to get an appointment to see her for an hour on Sunday. Sister will have to take a Covid test before she goes. 

I didn't say anything in my last post but sister had made the very difficult (and necessary for sister's own mental health) decision to put Mum in respite care for a couple of weeks to begin with and see how things went from there. It was from there that she was taken to the hospital. It's just been a difficult couple of weeks with lots of tears. 

As for me I'm not sure quite what to do next. I keep waiting to see whether the US will be on the green list as some point, but I have also been asking a Facebook group I'm in for tips about going back and quarantining. I found a lovely small group on Facebook of people who are from Ipswich (where I'm from) who now live in the states. It's nice for support as we're all sort of in the same boat. On the plus side I have had both vaccinations. I'm really not quite sure what to do. I am keeping all options open at this point. 

On the plus side, even though I feel a little guilty about it (with all that's going on in family) but we're going away camping for the holiday weekend. I hope to get out in nature, do lots of walking, relaxing and maybe even a camp fire!

Photo today - a bunny. I have seen so many of them lately. This one was one of the ones I saw on a walk the other day. There have been several in my garden too around the bird feeder. They are so cute. Very jumpy though. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend. May the weather be sunny! Thanks for all the comments and support. I really do appreciate them. 

9 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Sharon. I hope your Mum will recover from this infection, soon. I'm sure your sister made the right decision to have your Mum in respite care.

    The bunny is cute! My neighbor's bunny is in my garden most days! It seems to think my garden is a good place to hang out!

    I hope you have a great camping trip and enjoy yourself. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No, so sorry to hear how poorly your Mum is and you are not able to just fly over.
    This covid has really bu*****d up so many lives.
    Sending ((hugs)) to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has! I was hoping things would get better but it doesn't look like it will!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that your Mum is back in hospital and I wish her a speedy recovery. It's a difficult time for all of you and I hope the respite arrangement helps your sister recover herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. It's just a horrible time for us to have ailing parents isn't it. I was wondering if you would give the name of the group on Facebook. I'm having a hard time finding out where I would have to quarantine if we are given the green light to travel. I don't want to have to spend 14 days in a hotel. So any tips I could pick up would be very helpful. If you don't want to say I will completely understand. I pray your Mum's situation improves. Hang in there. Jo in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The group is specifically for people from Ipswich who are in the states. I can try to help with the quarantine. If the US becomes a green country you wouldn't have to quarantine at all. Right now it's ten days quarantine (doesn't have to be in a government hotel) but you have to book several tests which I hear are quite expensive. I'm hoping things change soon!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the info Sharon. I thought it was 14 days so 10 is better. I didn't know you had to pay for the tests though. That stinks :( Fingers crossed that they go to green asap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.