Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2021

First Snow

 We had our first snow on Wednesday. I wasn't quite expecting it. It wasn't much and didn't last long (none of the road, just on the pavements and grass). It made for a pretty walk. I was delighted to be able to take a photo of a couple of deer going through the field with snow around them. 


Our clocks here in America go back tonight. I look forward to the extra hour of sleep (the way it's been lately it will just mean I'm awake even earlier lol) but I am not looking forward to the dark coming earlier in the evening. It already seems as though there isn't a lot of sunlight. I can't imagine how dreary things will seem when it gets dark so early. 

Tomorrow will, at least, be sunny. We are going for a drive and maybe a little walk. I hope to see the last of the autumn colours and take some photos. I am not looking forward to when the leaves finish falling and there is only bare trees to look at!


6 comments:

  1. Snow already! I remember, one year in Wisconsin, it snowed in mid-October! I hope you get many more days of sunny, autumn weather before the winter snows come to stay! I like that picture of the deer in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is magical . . . it would make a great Christmas card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take that photo? It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great photo. I do love snow now I'm retired and don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is beautiful. We dodged the snow here in Wisconsin thank goodness, I'm not ready (I never am though). Your Mum's bench is a sweet idea. It will be lovely for you to sit on and remember her.
    Jo in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even when that happens, you still find pretty things to capture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.