Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Midweek Catch-up

 Ack. First let me say I'm frustrated! Trying to update my reading list and I cannot for the life of me change from October to November. It's usually easy to remove last month list and add this but for some reason I can't work out where the edit button has gone. I've just spent about half an hour trying to work it out and have given up!

Plodding along. Haven't got much sorting done in the house - one drawer so far this week, but I am managing to keep up with the daily stuff. I think it's good that we are taking a day off inbetween a day working at Jane's house. It makes it a little easier to keep up with my own house which makes me feel a little more...even. 

I haven't been doing a lot extra. I am still out walking each morning. It was fun this morning to see that the beavers have been at work again. They are chomping down trees all around. These are a couple of things I made for my Instagram stories - I took the photos with my phone while out walking this morning. 



Tomorrow I am going for a walk - weather permitting as it is supposed to rain all day - and then I have a couple of errands to run. I wish it was something more exciting but I need to do a food shop and then I want to see if I can get a couple of bits ready for (groan - not looking forward to it) Christmas. 

I don't think I'll be doing a lot of crafty stuff for Christmas this year. I usually make a photo calendar of my kids for Mum and a couple of other things. It will be the first year in over 20+ years that I won't be making her one - sniff sniff. 


8 comments:

  1. That first Christmas without my mother was very difficult for me. I didn't want to decorate or celebrate, but, I had a young daughter and I wanted to keep things as regular as possible. So, I put up just a few decorations that my mother had liked and kept it simple. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will at least try for everyone else, but my heart really isn't into it. Thankfully I have an understanding family.

      Delete
  2. Try 'Layout' (down the side) and find the relevant sidebar bit. That's how it is for me anyway so fingers crossed.

    Those little creatures have a big impact, don't they?

    (((hugs))) to you - the first times are so hard. I totally understand.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip - I did try it the other night but couldn't work it out. Will try again.

      I think the firsts are definately the worst. It would help if I was closer to my sisters. At least we could spend them together.

      Delete
  3. There will soon be beavers all over East Anglia I think, They have been put into Essex and Norfolk so far.
    The first Christmas without Colin was awful, I filled the house with everyone and it was all too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching the beavers. They are taking down trees, but they are fun to watch when we see them!

      I'm going to try to keep things simple, maybe allow myself to cry and not always feel happy and hope people understand. Even though we were far apart we had our own little traditions that will be difficult to face alone.

      Delete
  4. Do you mean your reading list on the right of the screen? If so, you have to go to Design/layout and make the changes there.

    One drawer decluttered is better than nothing so you are continuing to make progress even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One drawer at a time. I think that should be our motto at Jane's house too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.