Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

November

 Well, another month starting. I'm not sure November is my favourite month. The days are definitely shorter and, although the month starts with beautiful colours, by the end of the month everything is bare and dull. I can already tell that the cloudy, duller days outnumber the sunny ones. Sigh. 


I was looking for November quotes and the one above really spoke to me. 

Yesterday MIL and I went back over to Jane's to continue with the sorting. We have decided to make sure we have days off inbetween going to her house just so we are able to keep up with our own houses and not end up feeling too overwhelmed. Today I was planning on going to do some food shopping and then maybe going to a couple of parks to take photos of the leaves that are still left. Nope. It wasn't to be. The day started rainy, drizzly, a bit of (yikes!) something close to snow and then something resembling ice. I barely managed to get in a short walk at my usual place!

On the plus side because the weather was so lousy I managed to go food shopping, stop at the dollar store for a couple of bits, clean the bathroom, do two loads of laundry, sort out and put away some things I had brought back from Jane's and (finally) got my summer clothes sorted (some for donation) and got out some of my winter things. 

Back to Jane's tomorrow and maybe on Thursday the weather will be nicer to me and I can go out and take some photos. The wind has been picking up and taking more leaves off the trees and soon there won't be many left!


6 comments:

  1. I like that poem about November, even if November is one of my favorite months! Sounds like you made full use of the rainy day to be productive inside! Good idea to go to do Jane's house every other day instead of every day. Unless there is an urgent need to clear out the house immediately, taking a little time to get it done shouldn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely rhyme and one I've never heard. Thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alternating days clearing Jane's house sounds like a very smart thing to do. Glad you were able to accomplish so much even if it was because of a gloomy weather day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a busy productive couple of days. I'm glad you are sharing the task of clearing Jane's home with your MiL ... hopefully that makes it easier for you. I hope you manage to take your photos tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a sensible idea.It's no good becoming overwhelmed by the task. The leaves have suddenly started to fall in a flash having hung on for ages here. I love to see them carpet the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure sounds like you got alot one. I love digging...especially in other's stuff...as you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.