Pages

Monday, July 4, 2022

Are the Fireworks done yet?

 I understand it's a celebration but there have been four days of fireworks and frankly I'm ready for it to be over! Friday night a nearby country club had their fireworks and they were so loud I was sure that some windows were going to be broken! I'm hoping this is the last night of them. 

Thanks as always for the lovely comments. It does feel rather strange to be done with Jane's. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing tomorrow. Hopefully a walk and then I might get motivated to sort out a few bits around here. I shan't start any major projects until after I get back from my visit to England though. 

It's been a rather lazy weekend. I did go for a walk on Saturday and today. Yesterday husband and I spent a little time at the wildlife refuge. I spent some time reading and - gasp! - I actually went up in my craft room. Although it needs a major sort out, I did clear off my desk and made some space to work on a project. It's been so long since I've done anything crafty. I haven't stitched or made any cards for a long time. I just haven't felt like it. Maybe this signals and end to my non-crafty period. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile (184/365 Sunday)



Working on a little project in my craft room. It was nice to be back up in my room again.


185/365



I really got distracted by this fiction book. It's one off my bookshelf. I really enjoyed it. It was a murder mystery about a student doing a podcast project trying to solve a cold case and an investigator who helps him. I had plans to do other things and ended up just sitting for hours reading just wanting to know how it ended and whether they solved the case. I suppose not being able to put it down is a sign of being a good book!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. We've had fireworks going off practically all week (and they are illegal in my city!) and it's been non-stop this evening! Poor Dancer has been hiding under the sofa all evening! Glad you had a relaxed weekend and felt up to doing some crafting. :) Hope the week ahead is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book I hate to put down - definitely the sign of a good'un!
    I'm so looking forward to seeing your next craft project now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read you are back to crafting as you make such lovely cards and little books (no not books but you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you made space for you. Sending all hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel having complted the clearing up at Janes, great relief but also a sadness.. that book looks interesting, so I shall looik it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy with Jane's home for so long it's bound to take you a while to get back into your own routine. It's good news that you felt like spending time in your craft room, a good way to relax.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.