Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Still Not With It

 I don't know whether it's a case of post-holiday blues, not feeling the greatest or what, but I'm not quite back into the swing of things. I finally finished unpacking the suitcases. I managed to get all the clothes done and washed on Monday, but the other stuff just sat there in the cases for a few days. I think it was because a lot of the items I brought back were from Mum's house. There were lots of photos and a few other things I had put back last year. I still have a few more things at my sister's house. I struggle to look back through the items. It just seems really sad still. It was good to spend time with my sister. She understands more than anyone else how I'm feeling. Sometimes it seems that everyone has moved on and I just can't seem to. I miss mum a lot. Sister does too. 

I'm going to give myself to the end of the week then I will make a list of what I need to start working on. I shall strive to do something off the list each day. Of course, this will be in edition to regular household cleaning and such. 

Starting with the next post I'll try to start catching up with my photo-a-day as this is the place I am documenting it. I am starting to sort through some of my photos from my visit.  Though to be honest I haven't even felt like doing a lot of that. 

A couple of collages from my trip - these are some of The Big Hoot owl trail in Ipswich. These benefit St. Elizabeth's Hospice, a wonderful organisation. They were so fun to walk along and visit. I'm not sure how many sister and I saw while I was there - quite a few. She'd already seen a lot of them, but was more than happy to walk with me. 




A visit to an old town I used to live in. This was a collage I sent husband. It made him laugh though he wished he was with me! We used to live in Shotley. Actually, we lived in Shotley Gate. Shotley is a small village in Suffolk. It is by the River Orwell and River Stour. Although it is quite a way from the Air Force Base where husband was stationed there was some off-base housing there that we lived in when we first got married. This is the pub that we used to walk down to from our house. I'm pretty sure that the desserts weren't as nice when we lived there! 



Just one more photo. We had some laughs as well as tears. On Southwold Pier there are some lovely old-fashioned mirrors that change the way you look. I remember going to an amusement arcade when I was a child and thinking they were hilarious. This is me in one. 


6 comments:

  1. Give yourself time to recover from your trip, Sharon. It was a very emotional visit for you and what you are feeling is probably a mixture of all that on top of the jetlag. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your sister and I hope that you were able to visit your mother's bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Big Hoot pictures. I live just outside Ipswich but haven't seen many yet. Sun is still shing over Suffolk and I'm looking forward to tomorrow when the football starts and I return once more to my beloved ITFC. Come on you Blues xxx.Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The owls are such fun to go and see. They make for a good time walking around and the art work is just fantastic.

      Hope football goes well! Both my brother and brother-in-law have season tickets. It was kind of strange when we were looking through Mum's things as we came across this box decorated in Ipswich colours that my brother used to stand on when he went to football games when he was a child. Mum had kept it.

      Delete
  3. I'm not surprised that you feel a bit off this week. It wasn't just a holiday but a little wander down memory lane. Do you think you will ever live in England again or are you settled for life over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to come back and live. I feel really torn over here. My family is all settled here though so I don't know. I have never taken US citizen. I am still only a green card holder. I can't bring myself to do it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.