Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Autumn? Maybe not...

After last week when it was chilly and I'm thinking that Autumn is coming fast, Mother Nature decided to crank up the heat, humidity and sunshine. It is HOT, HOT, HOT! The air conditioning has been running almost non-stop. I was thinking electric bill was going to be cheaper yet this month but I don't think so now!

Daughter is settling in Washington. She is in the hotel suite where she will be spending the next three months. I am missing her already but excited for her. She has texted me pictures of the White House and the Capitol Building (think that's what it is lol). I am not from America so please forgive me if I've got it wrong! Tomorrow she goes on a tour with other people from her school. Her internship will start next Tuesday.

I am settling in. I cleaned out three storage cubes by the backdoor where we kept barely-used shoes and lots of bags. PHEW! Did not realise there was such stuff in there! I started on the coat closet too. Tomorrow our trash pick-up where people put stuff on curb and it is either picked up by people of the rubbish men. I put some stuff out there, sorted out some for donation and some more ended up in the bin.

Dinner tonight wasn't too good apparently. I say that as it was a meat dish and I'm vegetarian. I won't be cooking it again. Last night's dish was a bit more of a success. It was Chicken Stuffed Shells in Alfredo sauce and I made some Parmesan bread. I haven't made it for a while but pulled down the bread machine. That went down a treat. Oldest son liked it a LOT!



It looked and smelled good though I couldn't eat that either! I meant to make some without chicken but Daughter called in the middle of me making it panicking because she needed business cards and had forgot to order them!







My neighbour used to make this bread all the time, along with artichoke dip. I have fond memories of going to her house after work with another friend (we all used to work at the same place in the evenings while our other halves were at home with kids). Unfortunately the said neighbour passed away a couple of years ago from cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.