Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Camping

I haven't been camping for years. The last time I went the kids were little - my youngest is twenty-two so that tells you how long it's been - and that was camping with a pop-up camper. This time we used tents. My husband has been wanting to go for a while but I worked weekends and holidays and there wasn't a lot of extra time. Now that I'm not working there is time.

This was a trial run. The campsite is at a state park near to us. The sights are pretty nice. Each one has a picnic table and fire pit.


Now came the fun part of putting up the tents. Our eldest son came with us bringing along his one person backpacking tent. I helped - minimally.


Quite a difference in the size lol. It was very comfortable. We forgot pillows though. Ouch. My sleeping bag was quite comfortable but trying to get into it was rather difficult and I couldn't stop laughing. I felt like a banana trying to squeeze into a banana skin. I sleep on my stomach and rolling over wasn't easy!

It was a lovely spot though.


I spotted this little fellow in the algae. Wasn't easy to spot him!



We took a lovely walk in the woods.



Where there were some beautiful daisies - my favourite flowers.




And we saw this little fellow too who wasn't quite sure what to make of us, but stood still while I took pictures!



To end the night we sat in front of a fire. I watched (and admittedly laughed) while hubby and son tried to cook sausages over it.



Hubby 'cheated' by wedging his under a piece of wood lol.


I had a wonderful time. I can't wait for our 'real' holiday at the end of the month. I think it will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.