Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thursday...almost the weekend

It started snowing Tuesday night and didn't stop until Wednesday afternoon. Instead of the 2inches of snow we were forecast we ended up with about 12 inches. Husband was not happy. He had clear the driveway of snow as well as brush the snow off the roof. It took him ages to do it. He was glad of a nice warm shower when he came inside.

Luckily today it had cleared up. The roads were still a little icy this morning but I did go out. Two days inside was enough! I didn't go too far, just down to the local nature place for a walk. The snow was quite thick and it took me a lot longer than normal! There didn't look as though many people had been out as some of the trails were completely pristine snow (and really deep!). I stuck to the trails where it looked as though someone had been through with skies. Everything did look quite pretty though! I was looking at our snowfall totals for the season and we are over what we usually get. Sigh. Surely Spring is around the corner. When I said that to my mum she laughed.


I almost missed that it was Valentine's Day today - would have if not for all the sweet/flower displays in the shops. As a rule we generally don't 'do' Valentine's Day. We did splurge on some things for our shoes to help us walk in icy conditions and they happened to arrive today.


They go over your boots and are supposed to help with traction. They seem easy enough to get on. We shall try them out this weekend as Sunday we are going away for the night. We are going up to Mackinaw City to try to get photos of the Mackinaw Bridge in winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for half-way decent weather!

5 comments:

  1. Twelve inches???!!!.....I am green with envy. We have still had none.
    I wonder where I can write to complain.....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! You got a lot of snow! Good of you to go out for a walk. I'd be tempted to hibernate all winter long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat's a lot! Unheard of here. Those over-shoes look interesting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 inches ... wow, that's a lot! Well done you for going out in it. I look forward to the Mackinaw Bridge photos - I've just googled it so am interested in seeing it is winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should get some of those! I hope the day is clear so you can get some great photos. I look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.