Pages

Monday, March 25, 2019

After the Weekend...

Well, as I said - good intentions and all that. Not a lot happened last week. I am determined that things will be done this week and am making sure to use my daily journal/diary to write down what I want to get done so I make sure to do some. On the plus side, my Mum is feeling a lot better. It is taking a while for her voice to come back but she certainly sounds more like herself, so I can worry a little less! She had her scan last Friday and will find out results next week so fingers crossed that everything is well.

Temperatures are starting to warm up here, not significantly so, but definitely not as cold as it has been - we're actually making it above freezing in the daytime. I think people are a little ahead of the game though. When I was out food shopping this morning there was a woman out in sandals and summer capris - it was barely above freezing! I think we've all had enough of winter and are just too excited for Spring.

It was sunny over the weekend - finally! We did a walk on Saturday and Sunday as the trails are getting better. There were a few icy/snowy spots and still some snow/ice on the lakeshore, but it is certainly coming to an end.


Some lovely reflections on Sunday's walk. It was so very peaceful too. There weren't many people out - we walked almost the whole trail without seeing a single person. There were several times when we just stood still and listened to the birdsong all around us. Beautiful!

I'm not off to a flying start this morning. I have meal planning to do - I do have today and tomorrow's food sorted, but need to come up with some other ideas for the rest of the week. I am determined to use more of the freezer stuff. I seem to take one step forward and then steps backward!

I got rid of some more books - another auction! This week I am going to sort more and list or donate. I don't think I'll miss them at all. There are still too many I want to read though! I can't seem to read fast enough. I also want to make some more cards. I needed a couple this last week and had some on hand as I didn't feel like making more. I want to make sure I have several different occasion ones in case I need them.

What are everyone's plans for the week?

12 comments:

  1. I am on the same path as you are currently - ridding my home of items I do not need! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it both quite difficult and yet freeing.

      Delete
  2. That picture is so beautiful.

    Also impressed that you are meal planning. It's a real skill. LM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I didn't let the sun kid me into going out without my coat as although it was bright and sunny the wind was freezing. I'm ready for a bit of heat now.
    A week of catching up for me this week....jobs that didn't get done last week when DD was at home and all my jobs for this week. I am planning on a lazy weekend after that lot.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because we didn't see much of the sun in the winter we're all too easily fooled. Hope it warms up for us both soon!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear it's warming up a bit for you and the sun has been shining. Glad your mum is feeling better; I am hoping her scan comes out all clear.

    I had my eye exam done, today. I've a bit of a break from the medical appointments, now. I want to spend some time doing crafts, this week, and, perhaps a bit of gardening, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still too cold for gardening here, but I am planning...

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear your Mum is feeling better, it will be a relief to know the results of the scan. The waiting is the worst. Such a stunning photo catching the reflection perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waiting is definitely the tough part. Thanks. It was really pretty there.

      Delete
  6. Lovely picture. I actually just came "alive" and it's Wednesday afternoon. I caught something...I was out...slept all day yesterday. I plan to take a shower and try to get to my to do list - only now in a shorter week. It is getting warmer here as well. The Kestrel (hawks) have returned to the barn. Yay! Spring is really here. I even saw several Robins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Sorry you weren't well. I wish I could visit and see them!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.