Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

March

I can't believe another month is over! I can't decide if time is flying by or dragging on. Thanks for all the lovely comments on the last post. I was reminded today that, despite how it seems, spring will return. I wasn't sure if I was going to go for a walk or not. Everything is a little icy (melt, freeze and repeat) and grey and there really isn't a lot to see. Or so I thought. I decided to get out at least for a bit. I took some food down to the ducks and geese at the park. It was there that I heard them - and then saw them! Red-Winged Blackbirds. For me their return signals the beginning of the end of winter.


I couldn't believe how excited I actually got!

I talked with Mum yesterday. She sounded terrible. She has caught a cold or something. She could barely talk. I felt so bad for her. I'm hoping she feels well enough to Skype tomorrow. I suppose it's the up and down of the weather.

I have to do March goals and update February goals. I admit it probably won't look good. I think I've had a bit of a failure last month, but March is a new month and a new time to set some goals. I'll update in an upcoming post.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Good picture of the red winged blackbird. I used to get excited to hear a cuckoo but years since I heard one now. Still look forward to the swallows and house martins. I hope you mum is well enough to Skype. I think half the country are coughing or sneezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing more birds at the feeder.

      Delete
  2. The nice thing about monthy reviews is that it's a short time so if you haven't been able to reach some of your goals, there's still time. I wouldn't call it a failure, just a deferment!
    I'm sorry your mum sounded so rough. I hope she'll be better quickly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why I went for the monthly goals rather than yearly. You don't feel like a complete failure!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read your Mum is poorly, hopefully she will be well enough to Skype. Time is flying by for me, we can often be heard saying "I wonder how we ever had time to go to work".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often say that when my old work friend asks me when I'm coming back to work.

      Delete
  4. Hope your mum feels better, soon! Loved the photo of the redwinged blackbird! I remember seeing them when I was in Wisconsin - I haven't seen any, here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy hearing their call.

      Delete
  5. My February List isn't good either. I didn't even put much in my altered art journal for the month - maybe I will go add some items today. I could make 1 page all white for all the snow...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.