Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

That was the Week that was

Another week done and dusted. It's been a horrible week. Snow and cold for the first three days. Dentist appointment on Thursday. I'm glad the week is over! The dentist appointment didn't go as well as I had hoped. It's really discouraging. Sigh. Today dawned bright and sunny and it's supposed to get above freezing so I went out for a walk. It was very pretty out and quite peaceful.

This evening - if the weather holds - hubby and I are eating early and popping over to the lakeshore to see if we can catch a sunset. If the temperatures warm as they are supposed to the ice will all melt and I would like to get at least one sunset with some ice lol. I made sausage rolls early and have some salad to go with them. I've been craving fresh veggies. I can't wait until things do warm up so there are more cold veggies on the menu lol.

Mum wasn't sounding a lot better on Wednesday when I talked to her so I hope she is feeling better tomorrow. I am quite worried. Sigh. She did say she was feeling a little better and was starting to eat.

Hope everyone had a good week! I saw this cartoon on Facebook and thought it was quite funny.


And this one is how I was feeling driving down the road this morning. There are some HUGE potholes!


8 comments:

  1. That's like our roard round here. It can be very hard to avoid the potholes in places.
    Sorry the dental appointment didn't go so well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible, isn't it? I complained about one lot but I don't think there's a lot they can do for now.

      Delete
  2. Disappointing for you that the dentist visit didn't go as well as anticipated. Glad to hear your Mum is doing a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are funny ones. Sorry your dentist appointment didn't go like you wanted. My dentist is my husband's cousin, so she is really good to us. Her hygenist I've known since she was like 5...she is maybe 42? Yes, it was sunny here yesterday as well. If you closed your eyes and stood in a window and let the sun hit your face, you'd think it was spring. Good luck getting a good photo. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't mind the people at the dentist's office. They are really the nicest. They are all women and make me feel really comfortable. The results are just frustrating!

      Delete
  4. Too bad the dental appointment didn't go as well as you had hoped. Our roads are full of pot holes, too, especially after all the rain we've had! Hope you got your sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The streets here are terrible. It's worse now that the snow is melting. I feel like planting trees in some of the holes lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.