Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

What Happened to Spring?!

I'm not sure what happened to Spring. It came out and teased us and now it's disappeared again! Today was SO cold while we were out. We were going to go to Muskegon, see if it was possible to walk out to the lighthouse yet and then go for a hike at Lost Lake in Muskegon state park. We got to the lighthouse and oh my! It was so cold! Below freezing and the wind was just howling! There were some (really) brave fishermen out at the beginning of the walk to the lighthouse, but there was so much ice still on the walk that it was impossible to go any further. It was so cold that hubby decided we should cancel the hike - part of the walk we were going to do was up in the dunes and the wind was just too brutal. We ended up taking  a little walk on the beach and hubby stopped for me to take photos in a couple of places while he kept the van warm! At points it was snowing and doing something that felt like ice pellets on my face lol. We did however get out and get a little exercise.

Yesterday the weather wasn't that good either. Doesn't that always seem to happen on the weekend? We did a little drive but that was it. I Skyped with Mum and was glad that she'd received her GC to W.H.Smith. I was thinking I probably should have told her it was coming so she didn't accidentally through it out thinking it was junk mail. She still sounds croaky but definitely more like herself. She said she was going to middle sister's for Sunday Roast which will be nice for her. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching some Jack Irish (seen them all already lol) and stitching.


It's coming along quite nicely! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

13 comments:

  1. It's turned cold here too for the beginning of April although nothing like your cold! It's so frustrating, isn't it, just as thoughts turn to warmer, lighter evenings and sunny days!
    The cross stitch is lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard on the news that there was a storm front moving through! I'm sure you'd like a bit of our weather down here - it was 88F this afternoon! I was at the Japanese Garden, walking around, and it was almost too hot! I should have taken a hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of the warmth - though I don't like too much heat either lol

      Delete
  3. It is cold here too and we might get flurries today. I'm meeting a childhood friend for lunch today. Painting a custom piece, farm scene on a suitcase for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh sounds interesting. Hope you post us a photo!

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely sunny day here but boy it's cold. Walking up the High Street in town this morning I thought I was going to freeze to death.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that sun just fools you, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. It is freezing here in PA too! I am so ready for Spring!!!! Your cross-stitch is perfection! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I keep hoping to see things growing - I think there is a little green popping up in places!

      Delete
  6. It's colder here, and very grey. I love the cross stitch, it's going to be cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! Interior Design Photography

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.