Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

Another week done and dusted

I was going to post earlier but I got distracted by the seven deer I saw in my back garden. Yes, seven!! It's the most I've ever seen in our garden at once. I saw them this morning too. A couple came right up to the bird feeder table and ate some nuts and bird seed. The others decided to chew on the grass and what little else is growing in the garden. While watching them I saw a vulture sitting in the tree at the back neighbours. Yesterday there were two vultures in another neighbour's tree - I think those two were mating lol. I do live in a large-ish town - 76,000 or so, not particularly small, but we do regularly get a couple of deer as there is some green space near us. I think they are clearing out some of it so maybe (sadly) these deer are being displaced.

Anyway, this week has been quite productive. I got everything done on my list except I didn't list any Ebay items. I thought about it and decided not to. We are leaving for daughter's next Saturday for a week so there really isn't any point doing it before we go. I also only managed to sort 8 books so far. I do like having the list though. It forced me to get a couple of silly little things done that I'd been putting off.

The weather is turning colder. I had my tee shirts out a couple of days, but I think I'll be back in my jumpers this weekend. Sigh. We're under a winter weather advisory and might actually have some - gasp - snow!!!! Please say it isn't so! Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

I did splurge a little this week. I really enjoy reading Sue's lovely posts over at The Cottage at the End of a Lane blog and saw these books and they reminded me of some of the things she posts. Hopefully I'll have time to read them this weekend (especially if that cold weather comes!)


Hope everyone has a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. My fingers are very crossed for no snow. It's chilly here and windy and I've just turned the heating up - ridiculous for the end of April but there you go, I hate feeling cold.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow forecast for Suffolk - thank goodness. But strong winds and rain rushing through and colder.
    I like the look of the Plant Lore and Legend book ( thank you for the blog mention)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what mum said. Quite a change from Easter week.

      Delete
  3. Wow! How lovely to see 7 deer in your garden! Glad you had a productive week. Hope you don't get any snow this weekend! Winter just doesn't want to let go, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely sight to see. This has been a really long winter

      Delete
  4. Wow fancy having seven deer and vultures in your garden. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the list. Yes, we had do drive through that to get home...rain, slush and then snow...more today...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.