Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Somebody somewhere is laughing at us...

It's snowing. Yes, snowing. Sigh. Son had come up to visit and drove back when it started snowing. He said the roads were lousy and the snow was heavy and wet. By the time he got back home some of his car had ice chunks on it. Hopefully this will not last. The poor birds outside weren't sure what to make of it. No wonder they have been eating like crazy all day! I suppose I should pay more attention to them than I usually do.

After Skyping Mum and chatting with son for a while I spent the rest of the afternoon reading. It was the kind of day where I just wanted to curl up beneath my blanket and have a nice read. Oh I did spend time setting up a space where I can take flower photos. I am taking a course on flower photography. It really isn't my thing but it is something I want to learn. I'd love to be able to take some lovely flower photos to make into an album for my Mum. I feel so outside my comfort zone though. Other people on the course are already posting beautiful flower compositions and I'm struggling just getting through the first lot of reading. I will persevere though. I shall keep in mind the final goal. It does mean setting up a space, working out how to use my tripod and timer properly. I hope I'm not taking on more than I can manage!

I took a couple of beginning photos thinking to use them as comparisons for the end result.



Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no, not more snow. Small wonder you are fed up. Is this normal for where you live or has it been a particularly bad winter?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems longer than usual, but probably not lol. It did start early this season and seems to be going on later. Sigh

      Delete
  2. Oh dear - shame about the snow! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my friends in the Midwest have been posting pictures of the snow on Facebook!

    Your flower photography is quite beautiful as far as I can see! We are, often, our own worst critics, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not nice. Luckily, it didn't last long! Thanks for the comments on the flowers.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.