Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Thank You!

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last post. We were really excited by the news. Mum and I spent time on our Saturday Skyping session to talk about where we'd like to go away on holiday. She's feeling better now too, only a little croaky. That thing she had really hung around for a while!

It's been beautiful here in Michigan for the last couple of days. There were actually people out in their shorts and tee shirts. Not me. I wasn't quite that brave lol. I even spotted these really tiny flowers (probably the size of a penny) in my garden.


And these starting to grow at the local park where I walk. I'm SO excited!


It seems to be a long old winter!

I've spent time this weekend working on my cross stitch and it is finished! I'll take a photo and post it on my next post. I opted to leave out the name of the squirrel as I personally like it as is. I'm glad this one is finished, but, to be honest, once I got going on it things came along quite nicely.

I am failing at my monthly goals. Last month wasn't good either. I am still working on emptying the freezer. I did good for a while but then found a bargain on a couple of items and stocked up again. It's time to work on getting through some of the meat items. I have to come up with some new recipes too especially once the warmer weather comes.

One thing I am proud of is that I am sticking to my savings goals. I have put money in the two holiday accounts each week as planned since the beginning of the year!

Book buying - I have bought a few BUT not as many as before AND I have let go of a lot more books than I have bought into the house! I have two bags ready for donation and several more to list. It does seem like I am finally getting somewhere. The goal is not to loose momentum.

Crafty Items - I had a fail on this one. Sigh. Michaels had a really good sale on some paper pads I had wanted. They were $5 for 12 x 12 pads. I bought three of them. I also bought a scrapbook album for $5 that was the size I wanted to do my Mum's album in. I shall do better this month.


9 comments:

  1. Don't say 'failing'! You are extending the target, that's all. :-) AFter all, you have to grab opportunities as they present themselves, don't you?
    I love it when the shy little violets begin to appear.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violets and daffodils! Yes, it is spring! Well done on the savings goals and decluttering the books! As for buying stuff when it is on sale, that's allowed because you are saving money in the long run! Much better than paying full price. I hope it continues to warm up and you have a fun time planning your holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But part of the fun of setting the rules/goals is that you can change them to suit when you come across bargains like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a few spring bulbs peeking out of the earth here in WI as well. That's good to stick by, not to lose momentum - one, I'm trying to stick to as well! My weekly goals are falling a bit, so today, I'm not going to make such a lofty one...tehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those bulbs might be buried in snow now or - if you're having any kind of weather like daughter - blown over!

      Delete
  5. When it comes to a bargain, sometimes you just have to commit. I feel your struggle. Love the pics of the tiny flowers - blue or purple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are purple...I think lol. A bluey-purple maybe. Lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.