Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ups and Downs

Of course I have to talk about the weather - might as well get it over with first. It's been a week of ups and downs. Monday morning when I woke there was snow on the ground. Sigh. I thought we were done with that. There was quite a bit on my car so I had to dig out the snow brush and clear it off before I even started. Luckily the roads weren't bad so I decided to go out. We hadn't gone walking on Sunday and I admit that I needed to get out for a walk. 


The poor daffodils in the woods were covered with a layer of snow. 


It did warm up a little during the day and the snow melted. I'm thinking hoping that this was winter's last stand and it shall be the last we see of the snow, though I won't hold my breath! The weather for Tuesday was going to wet and cloudy. It wasn't raining when I got up. I hurried around, got dressed, ready to go out the door and it started raining! Instead I did a few jobs and thought that was it, there would be on walk. A little later when I looked out the window I could see the clouds starting to break up and the sun peeking through! I quickly hurried out - it was still spitting - and started to walk. The clouds parted, blue sky broke through the grey and the SUN came out! It turned into an absolutely gorgeous day. So we went from snow to temps where I actually opened the windows. Ah Spring!

This week has been a little strange due to son's weird work schedule. I think we'll just have worked things out and got used to the change when it will be back to normal again.  The books that should go to the library bookshop for donation have actually made it to the car! I cleaned out my car yesterday as the weather was so beautiful and decided to load them up. I shall take them tomorrow or Friday. 

I've done a little crafting. Not a lot. My tailbone is still bothering me and I haven't broken down and bought the cushion thingy for my chair (though I think I shall have to just spend the money) so can't sit in my crafting chair for long. I've been on a colouring streak. I had printed out lots of colour. I also found up some more decoupage pages and did those. I have enough that I need to start putting together some cards. 




The cowl is still waiting to be finished. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get any more snow, Sharon. Although, I remember one year, when I was in Wisconsin, when it snowed in May! We were studying for finals when it happened, so, at least during the second week of May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did get another 13" or so of snow last Thursday, but unfortunately some is still on the ground. We had rain all day yesterday which has lead to much flooding in our area. I can't wait for warmer days. Your cards are wonderful. I am going to post office today....tehee...to send out your package. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.