Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Another Day...

It's almost mid-week and I'm failing at this one too! Tomorrow I'll call Mum and find out her results - she saw the oncologist today to find out the results of the scan she had last week. So far they have come back pretty good, but I'm worrying a little as she hasn't got her voice back yet and I'm hoping that's nothing more than her cold/flu hanging on. I'm sure it will all be alright. She's waiting to hear before we make plans for my summer trip (I've already booked ticket).

Sunday was pretty cold and it's taken a couple of days to warm up. The trip we took on Sunday took us up where there was still ice on the lake - quite a lot of it actually.


When I was talking to Mum on Saturday we were talking about Felixstowe (seaside) and how some of the older people take a drive down to the front for a few hours and sit in their cars with their sandwiches or some fish and chips. The photo below reminded me of that. There were several cars along the lakeshore with people just sitting in them - not that I blame them as it was really cold and windy.


I endeavour to do better for the rest of the week! I have been sorting out some more books and now have almost two bags to take down to the library bookshop. I even popped in a couple I haven't read and knew that I probably wouldn't within the next six months...the struggle continues!

9 comments:

  1. It still looks extremely cold in your photos. Should it all be gone by the end of the month?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Over the winter it was really thick in places. The lakeshore is always a little colder than inland, but there have been some warmer days. I think some of it is pushing in with the winds from the lake and coming to shore.

      Delete
  2. I hope your Mum has good news from her results Sharon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looks cold. I hope your mum receives a good report. If I lived close to waters like that, I would drive down and look too. Seems like a peaceful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We like to go visit the lakeshore. I really enjoy walking along the beach. Where I grew up in England wasn't far from the seaside so it brings me a sort of peace and familiarity.

      Delete
  4. Hope all goes well with your Mums results. Gerard and I often take the car and sit and watch the sea in the Winter, an ever changing view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could stare at the seaside anywhere and zone out for hours!!! Good luck with your Mom! Hugs that she will recover quickly!!! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pictures of the lake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.