Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Sunday

What a horrible day it's turned out to be! At least it was sunny yesterday if not cold, but today we've had rain and wet snow and it's cold and grey. Just a horrible, miserable day. We didn't stay out long at all as the weather was so horrible. We were going to go away for an overnighter but  postponed it until next week. So glad we did! Today would not have been a good day to be outside!

Procrastinator's Unite - I'm trying to be better this week so have made a list of things I HAVE to get done. It's not a huge list but it's some things I want to get done, that I keep meaning to get done and have been putting off or just not doing.

- take bags of books to the library bookshop for donation
- at least four lots up on Ebay for auction
- sort out magazines sitting by chair
- pick out a new cross stitch project
- wash & iron finished cross stitch project
- sort out more books for library donation (this should be done before taking the bags that are sitting waiting to be taken lol)
- finish knitted cowl - I'm SO close to finishing this!

There are larger projects that need to get done, but I'm struggling to get things done right now. I have really good intentions, but seem to get so easily distracted. This week is going to be a strange one as son starts working (6) 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7am for the next two weeks. I'm hoping that with him being gone at night and me being able to be up in my craft room while he's at work that I might get things done. I feel more creative at night, but usually he's upstairs or in bed and I don't want to disturb him (even if I don't think I'm that loud lol)

Yesterday we did manage to get out to the Bird Sanctuary for another trip. We went for the first time last week. It's a really lovely place. The weather wasn't the greatest - sunny, but quite cold. There are lots of swans there. One in particular was NOT happy at all. It looked kind of how I feel sometimes when I'm in a 'mood' or don't want to be bothered with being social. It was chasing after the other swans and making a lot of noise! Even when it was resting, its wings were all out like a warning to the other swans.




10 comments:

  1. Now you've got a list you should be OK. Get those things ticked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me a list Sharon. I want to try and empty mine as I have goodies I bought at the quilt show and I need to play.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with those goodies! I was doing well with lists but then stopped. Sigh

      Delete
  3. That doesn't sound like good weather, at all! Good luck with the list! I know you can get it done! LOVE the photos of the swan! It really does look like it is saying, "Don't mess with me!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swan was really interesting to watch. Poor thing. It looked so upset - just at everything!

      Delete
  4. Procrastinators unite!!!! Too funny...as I sit here looking at the hedgehog waiting to go into a box....LOL....I have good intentions, but I see you "get this" too! Here's to a productive week for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that's funny. I have some of yours ready to go but keep putting off going to the post office. Have a good, productive week!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.