Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Another Week

It's been a few days since I've posted, but this week is a lot better than last week. I'm not getting as much done as I hoped, but I am getting things done - that's more than happened last week!

I got my new chair for my craft room desk and it's a definite improvement. Not perfect, but I can sit in it for more than ten minutes without my tailbone hurting. I actually got up in my room yesterday and worked on a couple of things. I'll probably have some cards to show in a few days. I've been spending a lot of my spare time taking photos. I think I said before that I'd signed up for a flower photography course. It's quite technical - I had to get out my tape measure and measure how far I am from my flowers, the depth of my flowers. Phew. It's supposed to really help to get the flower all in focus. I'm struggling a little, but it's not something that I can't learn. I just have to keep going. I am finding it enjoyable which is that main thing. Here's one of the photos I took of my single flower.


I went out today and had lunch with a friend. I haven't seen her since Christmas so it was a lovely treat. She brought along her beautiful granddaughter. She's about 16 months and was such a treat. She's been through a lot in her young life (including heart surgery). She has Down Syndrome. She's such a cheerful little girl - always smiling and really funny. She pulls such dramatic faces. I was so glad to meet her. I've seen lots of photos so it was good to see her in person.

I don't have a lot planned for the rest of the week. We are having our first sort-of camping (we'll be in the semi-rustic mini cabin) this long holiday weekend so got some things to do before then.

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the new chair has improved things for you.

    I love your photo. How much more of the course do you have to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was just the first lesson. I think there is six weeks in all. It goes into quite a lot of detail. I'll probably do the lessons and then repeat them at leisure.

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting the new chair! I've been thinking of getting a new chair, myself - or maybe, I'll borrow my daughter's chair since she's not here! Your single flower photo is lovely! Enjoy your camping trip this weekend. Hope it doesn't rain, too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it doesn't rain. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully the new chair will help and over tie you will be able to sit a little longer. Great photo of the flower, sounds like an interesting course. So nice that you managed to get out to meet your friend and meet up with her Grandaughter, such a lovely age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo shows such detail. You're doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.