Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

End of May...

I can't believe how quickly May has flown by! Is anyone else feeling this way? I feel as though I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted, though to be fair we had a trip to visit daughter and a camping trip and my birthday stuck in there. June is a new month and new beginnings. There will be a camping trip (for a week) later in June and this is the last full month I'll be in the states for a while as I leave for a six-week visit home to England in July. That should probably mean I should try to get lots done in June.

As I said on the last post I will be getting rid of (at least) 30 books. I want to get the front porch cleaned off. There are a couple of boxes there that need to be dropped off at the charity shop. I should clear through my wardrobe too. There are plenty of things I don't wear - I tend to wear the same clothes over and over again, probably because they are comfortable and, at this stage in life, I want comfortable!

In our house we have a basement too and it seems to be the place where we put things we aren't sure where to put elsewhere. I would really like to get it sorted. It's cold down there in the winter so I don't go down much, but with summer (supposedly) coming it will be cool working down there. What plans do you have for June?

Today's photo - an oriole visiting the garden. I put out some grape jam. Apparently they like it and they certainly do! This is the first time I've seem them in the garden more than once. The trouble is trying to keep the ants out of it!


3 comments:

  1. I totally agree - May has simply whizzed by and I have no idea where the time has gone.
    Lovely photo.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like the months are flying by, doesn't it? I love that photo of the oriole! It looks like it is jumping for joy at the sight of all that yummy grape jelly! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first year for me as well to have the Orioles stick around. Yes, they love the grape jelly. I don't know where May went as well. I did do 3 shows....so, there's that....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.